Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My birthday

Some day’s I just love being a mom. Not that I don’t like being a mom other day’s but there are days that it is just awesome. Yesterday was my birthday. I told my husband we were not going to do anything for it. I didn’t want presents or anything, just let it pass. Well I was on my way to work in the morning and I got a phone call. I answered it and my kids broke out into a full scale version of "Happy Birthday to you" They told me they loved me and then I had to get back to driving. I can not tell you why but it really got to me, touched my heart. I got teary up just a little bit.
Then I picked up Christina in the afternoon. She asked me where my cupcakes were. I asked what she was talking about. She said its my birthday I need cupcakes. I told her not this year. (it’s been a long time since I have had a party with cupcakes).
I got Isaiah and we went home I cooked dinner and then Allen got home. He pulled the kids aside and they were all secret. Finally they appear with a card and a CD (Group 1 Crew). Again I got teary. The card they both wrote their names in it. On their own they wrote their names. Isaiah has been doing this but to see It so clear was great and then Christina had all the letters in her name on there. They were out of order but there none the less. My kids are growing up and so sweet. My husband is pretty sweet too. He decided that he could not let my day go by with out some recognition.

No comments: