Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Week of the young child


Week of the young child is a week that day cares and early learning centers try to do fun activities to make the children in their care feel even more special and just have fun. My husbands school does this. They have some fun activities, but the school that my daughter goes to really have fun. I wish I had taken pictures this week because its been a riot.

Every day is a different theme. Monday is Teddy Bear picnic day. The kids wear pajamas to school and bring their favorite bears. Christina wore her purple Dora the Explorer princess PJ’s and took her purple ballerina bear. Every child left that day with a prize for their bear.

Tuesday was Texas/Western Day. This day is always tough. But I found an old pair of overall that no longer fit Isaiah and tried them on they were a little long but not bad. I cuffed them added a red and white checked shirt and a black cow boy hat out of the dress up box and she was a cow girl. I think the most exciting thing was she was in pants (I have not been able to get her in pants for months all dresses all the time).

Today is Wacky Wednesday. They will read the book and were encouraged to dress wacky. My daughter was very excited about this one. So she picked out her outfit.
Capri pants with a skort over them and underwear over them. A top that does not match. Two different socks glitter in her hair and topped off with a diaper on her head. Yep. You read that right, underwear over a skort and diaper on the head. Does not get any wackier then that. I did not encourage her on this at all she had it all planned and my husband went right along with it.
(photo above is not of Wacky Wendesday but still its funny)

Tomorrow is Hawaiian day and then Friday is patriotic (red white and blue day) those are not too hard.

No comments: